[Sorry if duplicate, just saw message in last email that I should reply to All] I have a reproducable example. - `mouse-autoselect-window' does not make a difference. - need a tilda in the address - need to be in full screen emacs -q -mm -l test.el (let ((shell-cmd "ls -la") (output-buffer "my-buf") (default-directory "/scpx:bangmyhead@192.168.0.46:~") (process-name "my-proc")) (start-file-process-shell-command process-name (get-buffer-create output-buffer) shell-cmd) (switch-to-buffer output-buffer) (with-current-buffer output-buffer (goto-char (point-min)) (find-file-other-window "ooo"))) On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 11:50, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > [Please use Reply All to reply, to keep the bug tracker CC'ed.] > > > From: Deric Bytes > > Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:55:33 +0000 > > > > Eli, I tried with your code and I could not reproduce it. I tried my > code and could not reproduce it. I tried > > restarting emacs -q multiple times and I got the problem again whilst > tweaking but I can not create a case that > > reproduces every time. > > > > I always get it in my main config but that contains so much code and the > code was written when I was totally > > clueless and has been causing me problems for ages. I am happy to build > with something other than GTK and > > see if that fixes my main emacs config. What do you recommend? > > Sorry, I don't know what to recommend. You could try some other > toolkit, like Lucid, or maybe no toolkit at all. > > Martin, any ideas for how to reproduce this, or maybe what could be > the problem? >