Hi, I wrote a dynamic module and am trying to use package.el to install it. I followed the instructions in the Emacs Lisp Manual and created a tar archive. This tar archive contains: sqlite3-api-0.1/ sqlite3-api-0.1/sqlite3-api-pkg.el sqlite3-api-0.1/sqlite3-api.so I then evaluated (package-install-file "~/src/emacs-sqlite3-api/sqlite3-api-0.1.tar") and it gave me an error: (error "sqlite3-api.so:0:0: error: scan-error: (Containing expression ends prematurely 47501 47502)\ ") From the backtrace, it's autoload-generate-file-autoloads in autoload.el that caused it. Seems to me Emacs was trying to parse the .so looking for autoloads? It's on Linux (CentOS7). Interestingly I tried this on macOS later and this time it worked perfectly. Is package.el ready for dynamic modules yet? One more thing related to dynamic modules: seems to me unload-feature doesn't support dynamic modules yet. Will this be fixed? Thanks