Already disabled. But still glad I experimented. On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 11:06 AM João Távora wrote: > On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 3:56 PM Ship Mints wrote: > > > > Glad I set project-files-relative-names to t and have been testing. This > side-effect in Eglot is sure to bite other people who are teased by the > NEWS of this new option, despite not being a defcustom. > > If it's not a defcustom and, as Dmitry said, not meant to be set by the > user, > I suggest you _don't_ set it globally, but ask for it to be let-bound > in whatever > features you want to make use of it. > > Eglot could be one of those features if there's a performance advantage. > But I doubt it, because server-supplied glob expressions may target the > full file name (indeed likely the truename). Maybe it's worth it > nevertheless, > dunno. Anyway while let-binding p-f-r-names to nil in Eglot could work, I > don't think it's the right solution, especially since it probably triggers > a > compilation warning in older Emacsen which don't have this. > > Unrelated, there are other enhancements to Eglot's file-watching > machinery. One of them is about excluding files from over-eager watching > by the server which could eventually bump into OS limits for these > OS objects. > > João Távora >