I assume you're not suggesting adding ".project" to everyone's Emacs default configurations. It's a user option already (which I do use). On Fri, Oct 11, 2024 at 1:14 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 11/10/2024 11:53, Joost Kremers wrote: > >> That's a natural question, but it would result in different results for > >> "current project" for files in the same directory (which often enough > use > >> different major modes). > > What about a single marker that works for any project? This is a > > work-around that Projectile uses and I'm using it with project.el as > well, > > with: > > > > ``` > > (add-to-list 'project-vc-extra-root-markers ".project") > > ``` > > That's the recommended course of action if you don't have other > consistent indicators of project root, between your projects. > > I'm not a fan of adding a file that has no other purposes, but if people > find this useful, no problem. For personal projects it certainly > shouldn't hurt. > > Eric, Jim, how would you like this resolution? > > > >