Sorry, it freezes initially. Then I get the Ubuntu prompt to kill the application. I wait for sometime after which it crashes too, but I just meant to use the word freeze. I will see if I can install Emacs 26.1. I will let you know. On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:03 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Sagar Jha > > Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:05:19 -0400 > > > > Whenever I have a buffer opening a pdf file in pdf-view mode as the > active window and I issue a "M-x eshell" > > command, emacs freezes. I am then forced to restart Emacs. > > "Freezes" and "crashes" are not exactly the same... > > Anyway, could you perhaps try a later version of Emacs, preferably > 26.1? > > Thanks. >