Bug can be closed. It's not really a bug per say, just that hunspell must have a dictionary for your exact locale. Even if you have en_US dictionary, if your locale is ENU, it won't work. So make sure you have a dictionary of that exact name, that is, .aff and .dic in your hunspell dictionary folder, and all will work again. Thanks for helping me out with this issue. On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 06:39 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Didier > > Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 20:31:13 -0700 > > Cc: 32471@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > Wow, that worked. > > OK, so can this bug be closed? Or is there something else left to do > about it? > > > So, is there no way I can change my Locale within Emacs prior to loading > ispell? > > There is, but why would you want to do that? > > Anyway, there's set-locale-environment. But beware: it changes quite > a few of locale-related settings, so it might not be what you want. >