On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Chris Van Dusen wrote: > > Even more super-magical would be if Emacs auto-generated the TAGS file, > > if none could be found. That is, if you `M-.' in a directory, and no > > TAGS file can be found upwards, then it prompts you for where to > > generate the file "from", generate it to /tmp/tmpTAGS, switch to it, and > > delete the file. > Sorry to dig up a week-old thread, but I wrote something like this a few months ago: https://github.com/jrockway/eproject/blob/master/contrib/eproject-tags.el I haven't used it a lot, but I thought I would mention it in case someone is interested. --jrockway