all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* When and why Emacs developer change 'faces'?
@ 2011-10-27 10:19 Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-10-27 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

For example in Emacs 22.2-23.3:

compilation-info:
            [X] Foreground: Green3     (sample)

But in pretest Emacs 24 (from alpha.gnu.org):

'compilation-info' inherited from 'success', which is:

     Foreground: ForestGreen

I also remember another face changes for c-mode.

What rationale take in account when developers decide change faces?

PS. I don't dislike changes, but every times this surprise me ))

* Re: When and why Emacs developer change 'faces'?
@ 2011-10-27 11:12 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-10-27 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksandr Gavenko; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:19, Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenko@bifit.com.ua> wrote:
> But in pretest Emacs 24 (from alpha.gnu.org):
>
> 'compilation-info' inherited from 'success', which is:

In this particular case the rational might be more consistent UI
through the inheritance.

--
Suvayu

* Re: When and why Emacs developer change 'faces'?
@ 2011-10-27 19:15   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-10-27 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 27.10.2011 13:12, schrieb suvayu ali:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:19, Oleksandr Gavenko<gavenko@bifit.com.ua>  wrote:
>> But in pretest Emacs 24 (from alpha.gnu.org):
>>
>> 'compilation-info' inherited from 'success', which is:
>
> In this particular case the rational might be more consistent UI
> through the inheritance.

also take in account the weather.

at stormy rainy day the decision arises:

adapt your mode and colors to it or resist?

having a look at the paintings of van gogh in times, the canvas followed.

* Re: When and why Emacs developer change 'faces'?
@ 2011-10-28  7:29     ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-10-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

27.10.2011 22:15, Andreas Röhler пишет:
> Am 27.10.2011 13:12, schrieb suvayu ali:
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:19, Oleksandr Gavenko<gavenko@bifit.com.ua>
>> wrote:
>>> But in pretest Emacs 24 (from alpha.gnu.org):
>>>
>>> 'compilation-info' inherited from 'success', which is:
>>
>> In this particular case the rational might be more consistent UI
>> through the inheritance.
>>

> also take in account the weather.
>
> at stormy rainy day the decision arises:
>
> adapt your mode and colors to it or resist?
>
> having a look at the paintings of van gogh in times, the canvas followed.

Currently I got issue:

                Low contrast for 'font-lock-builtin-face'
                with white background.

My problem come from white background. In time of change developer use
dark background and can distinct "black" and "dark slate blue",
but on white this is too hard...

Also any can follow discussion:

                font-lock-(builtin|doc) faces are *way* too close