Yes, that does seem to fail. You're anticipating this will be fixed by the broader changes you alluded to earlier? Gary Fredericks (803)-295-0195 fredericksgary@gmail.com gfredericks.com On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 7:40 AM martin rudalics wrote: > > I don't quite understand "It might have problems when you show a process > > buffer in an existing window whose size you never change thereafter." > > I've been only guessing. 'window-size-change-functions' triggers only > after a window is created or changed size. It doesn't trigger when a > window gets another buffer. So for example the following scenario > should fail: > > (1) Show process output in a window. > > (2) Display another buffer in that window. > > (3) Change the width of the window. > > (4) Show the process output again in that window. > > I suppose (4) fails to communicate the new window width to the > process. If you now do > > (5) Change the window width again. > > everything should be OK. > > martin >