all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Mikael Svahnberg <mikael.svahnberg@gmail.com>
To: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
Cc: 43882@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#43882: 27.1; Gnus sometimes crashes emacs 27.1 during nnir search
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:11:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Sadly, a further update.

I am now on "GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS
appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14033)) of 2020-10-15". This
crashes for other reasons once every other day (I haven't been able to pin
it down well enough to send a bugreport yet), but until just now it has
behaved itself wrt. the NNIR search.

... Until now, that is. I again did a search, and emacs gobbled up 100% of
a cpu for 10-odd seconds and then it crashed.

I have gone back to the default 8MB cache size just to force the issue.

What version, settings, or flags should I set up to provide as rich a
picture as possible?

/Mikael