Hi there, runs `delete-backward-char'. However, I had a thought. I'm running Emacs with Emacspeak, which advices some functions to act as a screen reader and speak the deleted character. I can't verify that Emacspeak isn't causing this error, although reading the source code of the advice, all i see is a call to `(preceding-char)'. Is there a way to follow the execution and see what that scrolling function is? Another thing that I noticed is that when I do `C-x h' my point is in the very beginning of the buffer. Not sure if it has always been the case. So, when I type `a ' (that is, a and then a space) and press `C-x h', `(point)' returns 1, `(region-beginning)' returns 1, and `(region-end)' returns 3. I hope this is all useful. Best, Parham On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 4:29 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > > In that case, this is perhaps macOS specific? > > I tried it on Macos, and was unable to reproduce the problem. > > -- > (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.) > bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no >