On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Steven Har writes: > > Hi Steven, > > > I'm using breadcrumb.el, and from time to time when exiting Emacs > > there's a few seconds delay with the status area showing "Wrote > > ~/.emacs.d/breadcrumb" > > The "wrote" (past tense) suggests that the culprit is something that > happens after the breadcrumb has finished, but that's only a vague > guess. > > Before you exit emacs, do M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET. Then exit emacs > (C-x C-c), and when you are in the seems-to-hang state, hit C-g. That > will pop up a buffer showing a lisp backtrace that you can poste here > and hopefully helps us finding the culprit. > > Ok I managed to do that just now, here's the debugger output (I guess not much more info? But I'm still very clueless when it comes to Emacs Lisp): Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit) save-place-forget-unreadable-files() save-place-alist-to-file() save-place-kill-emacs-hook() run-hooks(kill-emacs-hook) kill-emacs() save-buffers-kill-emacs(nil) save-buffers-kill-terminal(nil) call-interactively(save-buffers-kill-terminal nil nil) I'll try strace and report on any progress later. --