Interesting. This splits windows vertically.. how about horizonally? On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Drew Adams wrote: > > Later, I split windows again; but then I get > > the same buffer I've been working on in both windows: I've to switch > > buffers again to see the two buffers I was working on in the > > first place. > > > > This is a bit annoying. Is it possible to have the buffer > > in the new window, that has been there before? > > `C-x 4 b' switches to another buffer (with luck, the one you want) in > another > window. > > >