all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* faces lost in text terminal
@ 2011-10-09  1:34 Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2011-10-09  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    I  lost the font color in c++-mode after I deleted  the .emacs file
mistakenly. What do I need in my .emacs in order to display different colors
in c++-mode? Thanks.
Shiyuan

* Re: faces lost in text terminal
@ 2011-10-09  1:53 ` Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2011-10-09  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

enable font-lock-mode

either

M-x font-lock-mode

or  in your new .emacs file

(global-font-lock-mode 1)

@ 2011-10-09  2:18   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-10-09  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jai Dayal; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Shiyuan

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> wrote:

> enable font-lock-mode
>
> either
>
> M-x font-lock-mode
>
> or  in your new .emacs file
>
> (global-font-lock-mode 1)
>

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     I  lost the font color in c++-mode after I deleted  the .emacs file
>> mistakenly. What do I need in my .emacs in order to display different colors
>> in c++-mode? Thanks.
>> Shiyuan

font-lock should be on by default no? (At least in recent emacses)
So... Whats your emacs-version? ie M-x emacs-version
And what is the behavior when you start it with emacs -Q foo.cpp?

* Re: faces lost in text terminal
@ 2011-10-09 17:42     ` Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2011-10-09 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Shiyuan

In some older versions, I've noticed font-lock-mode is not enabled.  I
frequently ssh into a server and it's emacs 21.x

@ 2011-10-12 15:28       ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2011-10-12 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jai Dayal; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs