all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Introducing Semantic Refactor - a refactoring tool based on Semantic parser
@ 2015-02-12  6:53 Tu, Do
From: Tu, Do @ 2015-02-12  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've just released it. Here is the link: https://github.com/tuhdo/semantic-refactor

Hope it help.

* Re: Introducing Semantic Refactor - a refactoring tool based on Semantic parser
@ 2015-02-12  9:27 ` Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2015-02-12  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tu, Do; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Tu, Do <solidius4747@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just released it. Here is the link: https://github.com/tuhdo/semantic-refactor

Wow. This is awesome, nice work!

The gifs are a nice addition but your setup is so customized and the
gifs are so fast it makes them confusing. And they are looping so
you're never sure when is the start. I had to watch each one several
times, it's really hard to follow.

You could try to make simple screenshots with labels explaining what
is happening for example. Or use videos with a starting button.

Just some suggestions. Again, nice work! Out-of-the-box emacs is
really lacking in the refactoring department.

* Re: Introducing Semantic Refactor - a refactoring tool based on Semantic parser
@ 2015-02-12 10:18   ` Tu
From: Tu @ 2015-02-12 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aurélien Aptel; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Thanks for your feedback and glad you like it.

To make it easier for you to watch the gifs, notice that when the minibuffer contains "START DEMO", that's when the gifs start.

Đã gửi từ iPhone của tôi

Ngày 12-02-2015, vào lúc 16:27, Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> viết:

@ 2015-02-12 15:41 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-02-12 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:53:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Tu, Do" <solidius4747@gmail.com>
>
> I've just released it. Here is the link: https://github.com/tuhdo/semantic-refactor

Thank you.  I hope this is admitted into Emacs some time soon.

* Re: Introducing Semantic Refactor - a refactoring tool based on Semantic parser
@ 2015-02-12 18:35   ` Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2015-02-12 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Excellent Job, especially with the "extract function". I've been looking
for something like this for a long time.

@ 2015-02-17 13:34 ` Tu Do
From: Tu Do @ 2015-02-17 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello everyone,

I've just updated the package with bug fixes and new feature: semantic renaming for local variables. You can see the demo for local variable rename here: https://github.com/tuhdo/semantic-refactor/blob/master/srefactor-demos/demos.org#rename-local-variable

As you see, identifiers with the same names but not related to the target local variable for renaming won't get renamed.