One thing I can think of is to use Screen, and then after you ssh in, you just attach to the screen, and everything is there.. the entire environment On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Joe Riel wrote: > Frequently I'll have Emacs running on a machine, > with an unsaved buffer, and would like to save the > buffer but no longer have access to the terminal > (i.e. it's in a different room and I'm too lazy to > walk over there). I can login in to the machine > remotely. Is there a way to tell Emacs to save > the buffer? > > -- > Joe Riel > > >