all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* can't figure out the name of the face
@ 2014-07-09 16:50 Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2014-07-09 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using the ujelly theme via the terminal. If I have the window split,
the active window shows the file-name in bright white colors. If the window
isn't active, then it shows the file name in the mode line (?) in a grey
color. The problem is that it's almost the same grey as the background,
thus making it very difficult to see when it's not active.

I simply want to change the color of the text that displays the file-name
in the mode-line of a non-active buffer, however, I have no idea what this
face is called.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jai

* Re: can't figure out the name of the face
       [not found] <mailman.5251.1405037584.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-07-11  0:36 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-07-11  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> I simply want to change the color of the text that
> displays the file-name in the mode-line of a
> non-active buffer, however, I have no idea what this
> face is called.

In situations such as this - do `M-x describe-face RET'
and then write some probable prefix (as in "mode-line")
and hit TAB:

mode-line
mode-line-buffer-id
mode-line-emphasis
mode-line-highlight
mode-line-inactive

I think mode-line and mode-line-inactive are those that
apply for your question.

--
underground experts united