I should add that you can run multiple screens, and you easily switch between them (this is the intended use) On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Jai Dayal wrote: > I think this could be accomplished rather easily with screen (in the > terminal type "which screen" to see if it's installed). > > It will change a few key strokes, but nothing major. > > Good thing is about screen, is when you're disconnected, you can ssh back > in and re-attach to the screen and everything is there. > > > http://www.slac.stanford.edu/grp/cd/soft/epics/extensions/iocConsole/screen.1.html > > > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Perry Smith wrote: > >> I do customer support and I shift from one problem to another problem and >> then back to the first problem. >> >> Is it possible to save the current state of emacs which includes the >> buffers in particular and maybe the "register" values (when I do >> point-to-register) to a file. Then clear the state, work on a new problem, >> save the new state at that time. Then be able to go back and restore the >> first state? >> >> Utopia would each of these states to be saved in its own individual file. >> >> I've been told of a packaged named "windows" that does this but I can't >> find it because the name gets too many hits. >> >> Thank you, >> pedz >> >> >> >