I use highlight symbols to highlight same symbols, and jump between them. It chooses rainbow colors automatically and makes it much easier to follow some key variables through a block of code. My fork https://github.com/lewang/highlight-symbol.el allows you to use arbitrary region as a "symbol". On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Steven Degutis wrote: > Often times I find that I want to jump to another occurrence of the > word-under-point, almost always variables or functions. I end up going to > the beginning of the word with M-b, doing isearch-forward with C-s, adding > all the words until the full word is the search term with C-w a bunch of > times, and finally C-s to jump around to other instances of it. > > Is there a better way to do this? > > -Steven > -- Le