all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#9529: `quit-window' should return the original window or nil if it was killed instead of nothing useful
@ 2011-09-17 11:50 Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-09-17 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9529

Currently this function works by side-effect only.  If it returned
something useful, like the window that was moved away from, the user
could do something useful like display some buffer in the original
window.

--
Le

* bug#9529: `quit-window' should return the original window or nil if it was killed instead of nothing useful
@ 2019-08-20  2:43 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-08-20  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: 9529

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> Currently this function works by side-effect only.  If it returned
> something useful, like the window that was moved away from, the user
> could do something useful like display some buffer in the original
> window.

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately gotten no
attention yet.)

I'm not sure I see a use case here.  If you're calling this from Emacs
Lisp code, then surely you already know what the window you're quitting
is, and can just use that.

So I'm closing this bug report.