On Sun, Dec 3, 2023, 10:11 PM Richard Stallman wrote: > > > Likewise for Eli. It is unkind and unhelpful to lecture him about > > > what dotted paris are. > > > I don't believe stating a disagreement is lecturing. > > I was talking about the words you said to Eli to explain dotted pairs > to him. I don't that they stated a disagreement, but they sure > sounded like lecturing. > It's difficult for me to assess your statement with most of my text removed. I do tend to the pedantic (or precise), but this is a public forum. I'm not crafting my response specifically for the person I'm responding to. Without knowing the specific passages you find objectionable, I can't tell if you think I'm talking down to Eli when I'm trying to be clear for anyone reading, or if there is some other issue with my prose. Lynn