Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the info! On 20 March 2016 at 12:15, Nicolas Petton wrote: > Bozhidar Batsov writes: > > > I might be missing something here, but what exactly is so problematic - > > there are packages that are in Emacs and on ELPA (e.g. cl-lib) and I > don't > > think they are taking any special measures. > > The problem is that seq.el (in Emacs) uses `pcase-defmacro', which does > not exist in Emacs 24.5. When byte-compiling the file, we get warnings > as the byte compiler will think that `pcase-defmacro' is a function. > > The solution I'm going for is to define locally the macro (when > byte-compiling the file in Emacs < 25), using something like the > following: > > (push `(pcase-defmacro . ,(lambda (&rest _) nil)) > byte-compile-macro-environment) > > You can read more about the issue here: > https://github.com/NicolasPetton/seq.el/issues/7 > > Nico > -- > Nicolas Petton > http://nicolas-petton.fr >