Looking forward to seeing this implemented! On 24 February 2016 at 23:21, Alan Third wrote: > On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:27:44PM +0000, Alan Third wrote: > > As far as I can tell the 'right' way to do it is to create an > > NSScrollView and put your buffer content into another NSView within > > it. This seems to give you native scrollbars for a lot less work than > > is being done at the moment. However I think we'd lose the ability to > > put the vertical scrollbars on the left. I don't know how important > > that feature is. > > > > I think there's a bigger problem, though. It looks to me like the mode > > line is currently drawn into the same NSView as the rest of the > > buffer, so just wrapping the current NSView with an NSScrollView would > > result in the vertical scrollbar overlapping the mode line, and the > > horizontal scrollbar below it. > > Ignore this. After a bit more investigation it looks like it's > perfectly easy to position the NSScrollers anywhere within an > NSScrollView, so I'll just shut up now and try implementing it. > > -- > Alan Third > >