On 5 December 2013 09:00, martin rudalics wrote: > >>>> show-paren-mode > >> Too much in your face for me. It doesn't seem to be that popular. > > > > It's rather popular, actually. And IMHO, it's much less annoying and > > confusing than the cursor-jumping behavior of blink-matching-paren, > > which is enabled by default now. > > `blink-matching-paren' never ceases to horrify me when I have to use > emacs -Q. I'd strongly prefer having `show-paren-mode' (or nothing) > instead. > > +1 - I don't think we need show-paren-mode enabled by default that much, but we definitely need to disable the horrible `blink-matching-paren'. > > >>>> winner-mode > >> I could go along with that. > > > > +1. Whenever the window-handling code does something different from what > > I'd expect, winner-mode saves the day. > > Whenever it happens again do not hesitate to file a complaint here, too. > > martin >