+1 from me for migration to git. On 2 January 2014 17:41, Karl Fogel wrote: > Richard Stallman writes: > >I don't insist that Emacs should stay with bzr. I chose to support > >bzr because it was still a contender at the time. > > Now that RMS has dropped the bzr requirement, I propose we move to git. > ESR has graciously offered to be technical lead for such a migration. > > Does anyone think we should stay on bzr, or choose a VCS other than git? > > If there is significant support for a different system, then I guess we > should hold a poll. But my (tentative) expectation is that there will > be a pretty clear overall group preference for git -- I'm mainly posting > this so there's a place for people to follow up to express their > preference, so we can quickly get a sense of whether moving to git is > the obvious call for the group as a whole, not just for those of us who > have been been expressing that preference for some time. > > -Karl > >