all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [gnus] only two messages are visible in the Summary
@ 2015-12-24 17:08 Andrey Tykhonov
From: Andrey Tykhonov @ 2015-12-24 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!

I had tried gnus several times before. And it worked well for me (except
slowness). Now I've taken my old .gnus.el and .offlineimaprc, re-used them.
Also, I've installed dovecot. Now offlineimap takes emails from remote IMAP
and gnus connects to the local dovecot which reads emails from local
directory.

Yesterday I got all messages by means of offlineimap and saw them in the
Summary buffer. I've read all messages except two of them. But today I only
see two messages in the Summary buffer. In the Group buffer it shows 146
near "nnimap+Mail:INBOX" and in the modeline I see text "{2(+144) more}".
Periodically I execute offlineimap and see that new messages are arrived.
But I don't see new messages in the Summary buffer. I tried to use `C-u
RET` in the Group buffer but I didn't find new messages there (however old
messages are there). Also, I've truncated .gnus.el and left most important
code there (and restarted Emacs) but it didn't help.

I have no idea why new messages don't appear in the Summary buffer. Any
ideas, thoughts?

Thank you!

Andrey

* Re: [gnus] only two messages are visible in the Summary
       [not found] <mailman.514.1450976906.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-12-26 22:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-26 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Tykhonov; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:

> Yesterday I got all messages by means of offlineimap and saw them in the
> Summary buffer. I've read all messages except two of them. But today I only
> see two messages in the Summary buffer. In the Group buffer it shows 146
> near "nnimap+Mail:INBOX" and in the modeline I see text "{2(+144) more}".

This means that Gnus knows there are 146 unread messages, and that it's
only showing two of them, which is odd.  When you `C-u RET' the group,
how many articles does it say are in it?

* Re: [gnus] only two messages are visible in the Summary
@ 2015-12-27  1:23   ` Andrey Tykhonov
From: Andrey Tykhonov @ 2015-12-27  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

For now, in "*Group*" buffer: 511, in "*Summary nnimap+Mail:INBOX*" buffer:
"{2(+509) more}". When I `C-u RET` the group it says the same: "{2(+509)
more}" and I don't see there any (new) unread messages.

@ 2015-12-27  5:57     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-27  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Tykhonov; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:

> For now, in "*Group*" buffer: 511, in "*Summary nnimap+Mail:INBOX*"
> buffer: "{2(+509) more}". When I `C-u RET` the group it says the same: "{2
> (+509) more}" and I don't see there any (new) unread messages.

But what did the prompt say when you said `C-u RET'?