On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:08 AM Phillip Lord wrote: > Michael Albinus writes: > > > phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord) writes: > > > >>> `debbugs-emacs' would be misleading, because http://debbugs.gnu.org is > >>> also the bug tracker for other GNU projects. > >> > >> Yeah. But if I type M-x debbugs-gnu, I just get emacs bugs right? > > > > Emacs is the default package. You can change this by customizing > > `debbugs-gnu-default-packages'. Or you call interactively > > "C-u M-x debbugs-gnu". > > > > (For all what I claim here: pls blame me if it isn't documented in the > > User Guide) > > I would add a shorter "debbugs". I would be intereted to know how many > enter via "-org" and how many via "-gnu". > FWIW, I found debbugs-org to be a bit buggy after I entered control messages for what I thought was the bug under the cursor only to find it sent control messages to a completely different bug. I'll... uh... file a bug on it or perhaps just fix it once I can reproduce it again. > > > > >> One document which I think is missing is a "what all the tags" mean. > > > > I believe it is covered in the User Guide. If not sufficient, ask for > > clarification. > > invalid? Different from notabug, wontfix, unreproducible? > > pending? Pending what? Different from moreinfo? > > patch? It includes one? Covers a bug report with a pull request? > > And important, minor, normal, serious, wishlist. Is serious more > important than important? Or Important more serious than serious? What > criterion? > Pretty sure it must go, in order of decreasing severity: serious, important, normal. Serious probably is reserved for things like emacs crashing bugs, security vulnerabilities and the like. I don't know whether there is a rule about this, but I'd guess that new emacs versions shouldn't be released if any serious bugs are opened against it. Important is a bit unknown to me, I'm guessing just a bit scarier than the "normal" bugs. > > security? valid only for bugs? or wishlists, RFE also? > Great questions, and once someone sheds light on the things like invalid and pending (I have no clue, personally), I'll write up the info in the bug-triage file. > > Phil > >