On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I don't like requesting users to update all of their software just > because the bleeding edge has moved. Let's not forget that sometimes > (albeit rarely) upgrading to the latest and greatest can bring bugs. > > In this case, the payment for allowing older MSYS2 is very small: a > single sentence. I think we should have that. I think the 'pacman -S msys2-launcher' should work for older MSYS2 without upgrading other packages, but then again, maybe not. There's no practical way of testing older versions in the rolling release model. I suppose mentioning the bat file shouldn't be too much trouble (see attached).