On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 2:16 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > . I'd rather have the WINDOWSNT-specific code separate (on w32.c), > so perhaps the for-loop you modified could be left intact, and > instead we perform an additional pass over Vprocess_environment, > after it is already copied, to replace these two variables with > their upper-case equivalents, in that special code on w32.c. Okay, here is a patch that does that. > . If you didn't already, please verify that these 2 variables in the > Emacs's own environment are also upcased, because otherwise I > think we will hit more such problems. That would be the for loop just above my additions (I increased the context so it's fully visible in the patch).