On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Clément Pit-Claudel >> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 10:36:49 -0500 >> >> > The middle line would require Emacs to do a fuzzy search for similar >> > symbols, which may be too much. >> >> OCaml does this (but at compile time). Do we have a way to delay the fuzzy search to the point when the error message is displayed? Otherwise we'll pay the price of the search even if the error is then swallowed by a condition-case. > > Isn't this premature optimization? I think the check fits nicely into command-error-default-function though. Attaching a quick proof-of-concept (handles only a single curved quote at the beginning of symbol name). We would want something also for the byte-compiler.