all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums
@ 2019-03-31 15:52 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-03-31 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The git repo of JDEE seems active (at least one commit from February
this year):
 https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee

However the mailing lists seems dead (last message on the users list is
from October 2017, and last message on the devel list is from December
2016).
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdee/

I haven't been able to dig up any active mailing lists or forums.  Does
anyone else knows?

Thanks!

- Steinar

* Re: Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums
@ 2019-03-31 16:00 ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-03-31 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 11:52, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:

> However the mailing lists seems dead (last message on the users list is
> from October 2017, and last message on the devel list is from December
> 2016).
>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdee/
>
> I haven't been able to dig up any active mailing lists or forums.  Does
> anyone else knows?

According to https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/issues/162#issuecomment-442050766

    Everything now goes through GitHub.

* Re: Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums
@ 2019-03-31 16:52   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-03-31 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> According to https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/issues/162#issuecomment-442050766

>     Everything now goes through GitHub.

Yes, I saw that.  But what does it mean?

Github doesn't have any forums or mailing lists that I know about.
There's a wiki, but it doesn't have much on it
 https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/wiki

Do they use the issue tracker as the support forum/discussion forum?

* Re: Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums
@ 2019-04-02 12:16     ` Noam Postavsky
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2019-04-02 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 12:52, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:

> > According to https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/issues/162#issuecomment-442050766
>
> >     Everything now goes through GitHub.
>
> Yes, I saw that.  But what does it mean?

> Do they use the issue tracker as the support forum/discussion forum?

Yes, that's how I understood it.

* Re: Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums
@ 2019-05-12 14:58       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-05-12 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 12:52, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:
>>> According to https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/issues/162#issuecomment-442050766

>>>     Everything now goes through GitHub.

>> Yes, I saw that.  But what does it mean?

>> Do they use the issue tracker as the support forum/discussion forum?

> Yes, that's how I understood it.

FWIW I eventually gave up on JDEE and am now back on the regular
java-mode.

JDEE didn't work right out of the box (I got heaps of error messages,
and huge emacs desktop restore CPU usage (from the mvn builds), and at
the end the .java files were cluttered with flycheck errors, with no way
to navigate to the errors, and no clear indication what the errors were)
and the documentation is seriously outdated, and there is no forum, and
all google searches for JDEE problems give outdated answers.

There is activity on the github repo, so there are people working on
JDEE... but actually using it turned out to be more work than it was
worth.

Oh well!