On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Thanks. But I think a more relevant timing would be one for something > like 1% to 10% of replaced messages, because we will never have all of > them replaced. I made a script to collect some more timings at different replacement levels. Script and timings attached. The time needed grows linearly per number of replacements. Looking at the time for git log | head (which I believe is representative of the how long it takes to get something onscreen from a normal git log with pager), I'd say it's big enough to be annoying (10th of a second) starting from around 4000 replacements (that's roughly 3%).