On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 12:47 PM João Távora wrote: > If I understand correctly, reverse requests _are_ supported in JSONRPC. > Can you give a short example transcript illustrating such a conversation? Server ->> { "type": "request", "seq": 123, "command": "someCommand", "arguments": {...}} Client ->> { "type": "response", "request_seq": 123, "command": "someCommand", "success": true, "body": {...}} > Meaning they put non-JSON cruft in the stdout as well? Not great, but > not dramatic, I guess as long as they don't do it in the middle of the > message right? If it breaks the json in half it's a them problem but if not it can be useful for the user to see when getting a debugging configuration to work. See attachment. > OK. Then in your opinion what is the easiest (and or most representative) > DAP server to start playing with? Hopefully some C/C++ one, but feel > free to suggest another. The C/C++ ones are well behaved, attached install and dape-configs for you to able to pick and choose. They are quite quiet though so for checking performance vscode-js-debug and debugpy are better options. But start with the C/C++ ones. Included attachment with install fns and configs for the C/C++ adapters. > Extract parts of eglot.el into a reusable library, I guess. > > But yes, I would be very glad to see DAP dape.el become the DAP > coutnerpart to LSP eglot.el, with most analogous abstractions > having analogous interfaces. Happy to change eglot.el > significantly to make that happen (backward-compatibility > permitting, of course). Super! But maybe that can wait, jsonrpc seams to me like a higher priority thing. For the changes in dape.el to accommodate jsonrpc, I think it would be beneficial to collaborate on a some type of feature branch.