On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 4:55 AM Gerd Möllmann wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> From: Gerd Möllmann > >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii , 57434@debbugs.gnu.org > >> Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:02:07 +0200 > >> > >> "Good news": > > > > Indeed. > > > >> $TERM seems to be "alacritty" by default, which has different > >> capabilities than xterm-256color. But the flickering is also there with > >> xterm-256color. > >> > >> And I double-checked with Terminal.app again: no flickering. > > > > When you run with Terminal.app, does the code identified by Dmitrii as > > responsible for the flickering (in scroll.c) get executed? > > I haven't checked yet. But... > > Dmitrii, could you please check if something changes when you set > baud-rate? I can't see flickering in alacritty, when I > > (setq baud-rate 1000000) > I do not know what it does, but it does help. I mean, it fixes the problem with flickering completely. Could you please elaborate a bit more about possible consequences of that? > but it's kind of hard to reproduce anyway for me. > -- *If you get an email from me outside of the 9-5 it is *not* because I'm always on or expect an immediate response from you; it is because of work flexibility . Evening and weekend emails are a sign I allocated some regular working hours for other things (such as family, gym, friends,...). And I encourage you to feel free to do the same.