Am 23.01.2014 19:04 schrieb "Eli Zaretskii" : > > > Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:31:58 +0100 > > From: Sebastian Wiesner > > Cc: tromey@redhat.com, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > > Imagine some situation where this output is caught and parsed, for > > > example. > > > > > > In general, given behavior that is old enough, you can be sure that > > > someone, somewhere relies on it. > > > > I don't think it is my task to care for anyone, anywhere. > > Why not? Backward incompatibility is one of the worst traits in > software, IMO. Not undoing or fixing bad design decisions from the past is another one, IMHO. > > If there is a concrete use case for these messages, fine, then we can try > > to find a good solution for either party involved, but we can't reasonably > > discuss about "virtual" use cases. > > I just gave you one concrete use case, above. Which I replied to with concrete questions, with the intent to, well, "find a good solution for either party involved"...