all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question about syntax coloring using an external program
@ 2023-10-15 14:01 Fredrik Öhrström
From: Fredrik Öhrström @ 2023-10-15 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I would like to invoke an external program to do syntax coloring and
formatting of the source inside an emacs buffer. I have created an elisp
solution using font-lock mode an regexes, but I would like a 100% correct
coloring solution. It suppose it could be implemented in pure elisp, but
for the moment I need to use an external program to do this. The external
program can annotate the source with tags that probably can be used by
emacs to color the source.

However I am at a loss how to actually implement such a round trip in emacs.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers to similar existing solutions or
hints on how to do it!

Many thanks!

//Fredrik