On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 6:54 PM Stephen Berman wrote: > On Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:05:09 -0500 Pierre Rouleau > wrote: > > > On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 11:40 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 1:36 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > > > Can you suggest a publicly-accessible SVN repository that can be used > > > for reproducing this problem and testing possible solutions? It is > > > hard to find repositories that fit your conditions these days. > > > > > The R development source code is in this publicly accessible SVN > repository: https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/ but I cannot reproduce > the reported problem with `C-x v g' on a file checked out from that > repository with more than 6000 lines (> 195 kB) with any version of > Emacs from 26 through current master. > > Thanks Steve. I created a working directory of that repo inside the same environment (save version of SVN), same Emacs, same file system, everything) that I use. With that R repo I was able to annotate /trunk/configure. All lines are annotated. I did not detect any problem with that repo. But I still have the problem I reported with files inside the corporate repo I use. The difference is the underlying protocol used to access the remote repo. - The R SVN repo is accessed via a https URL. - I access the corporate repo using a svn+ssh:// URL. Is it possible a slow access timing out or a low-level protocol problem might be the reason behind the failure? Is there some setting I could change to test? Thanks -- /Pierre