On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 10:09 PM Juri Linkov wrote: > > But if we move the status from the minor mode lighter to > mode-line-process, > > then it'd work... And perhaps that's a more logical place, anyway? > > A more logical place would be in the same place where errors > are displayed by compilation-mode, i.e. mode-line-process indeed. > +1 from me, no objections. Indeed flymake is a kind of incremental compilation, so it makes perfect sense... not least because I can't possibly see the need of ever enabling flymake in a compilation-mode buffer (but this is Emacs so I probably should shut up now...) João