On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 16:50 Stefan Monnier wrote: > >> [ Yes, non-nil default values for non-preloaded hooks are evil. > >> I confess to doing it, but I plead insanity. ] > > Why evil? > > Because you can't conveniently add/remove values from it (you either > have to wait for the file to be loaded to do that, or force loading it > eagerly at startup, or completely override the default value with your > own). > Makes sense. I suppose an autoload cookie could do it, but maybe it's kind of ugly. > We discussed a few times teaching Custom how to modify lists like these > (so what is stored in your config file for this variable is morally > a sort of "diff" rather than the current result of applying the diff). > Yes. But it wouldn't work for Custom-hat... err... avoiders like me, right? Anyway, it's the first time I bump into this problem, so it mustn't be so terrible. João