On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 3:26 AM, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > I'm under the > > impression that semantic may not be needed, since microsoft is pushing > > the LSP (language server protocal). > > We don't have a GNU language server; what we do have is CEDET. > So we should continue maintaining CEDET. > Exactly, and nothing is stopping us from building a LSP server based on CEDET, be it in the same Emacs process where a the LSP client is running, or in a separate one. Any of these options (especially the second) seem interesting at first sight. This server could leverage the jsonrpc.el library I recently pushed into Emacs. If we do this, other editors, potentially freedom-denying editors would be able to interact with said CEDET-based language server. This is no worse than those editors using GCC or GDB, for example. João