On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 2:02 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > Currently, Eglot has a menu item that opens > > https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot#readme. I think opening that URL > > doesn't make sense anymore since eglot.texi is the primary source of the > > documentation. Is it OK then to remove this menu item? > > Fine by me, but please wait for João to chime in. > Yes, it's fine. Show a patch and or push directly if you have permissions. > > (The last item in message-mode-menu is "Message manual", so there is > > prior art to what the patch of this bug report tries to achieve.) > > I think that's an exception rather than a rule. Mode-specific menus > rarely have an item for their manuals. And Eglot should need that > less than others, since most of its features just provide backends for > existing Emacs features. > Yes, that's true. But users are not really familiar with all of them: they don't have the visibility that Eglot has. So Felicián's idea makes sense to me, judging from these years of watching the Eglot bug tracker (where Felicián is a long-time regular, which would explain why he thinks this feature is useful). If there was a keybinding C-xyz so that C-xyz RET eglot RET would land one in the Eglot manual within Emacs, I think that would come some way. Maybe there is this binding? João