On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 5:54 PM Payas Relekar wrote: > João Távora writes: > > > No, that wasn't it. It probably worked for you because your script > clones > > a fresh > > emacs.git repo without installing the pre-commit hooks. When they are in > > place, > > the merge is prevented. I haven't investigated why: there is some logic > in > > ~/.git/hooks/pre-commit that supposedly nullifies the hook for merges. > > Possible, every time I made changes to script, I had emacs repo hard > reset to upstream master. Maybe try that first? > That doesn't affect the hooks already commited to ~/.git/hooks The reason we're getting bitten by this is because I'm using a "git worktree" working tree which shared the ~/.git/ directory with the principal working tree. I'll add a comment to the gist to warn about this pitfall. Meanwhile, using a fresh non-git-worktree clone also fixes it. > Anyway, when the hook is laid to rest, the result is something like what I > > just uploaded to the scratch/eglot2emacs branch: > > > > This branch will probably be deleted and re-created frequently as we > tweak > > the script. > > I hope that isn't a problem. Stefan? > > Excellente! And away we go.... > Yes, thanks for kicking things off! João