Hi Stefan, They are indeed intended to be seen by the user. They hold important communications between server and client, and I ask users to post their contents when making Eglot bug reports. Well I suppose the stdout one less useful than stderr. And this is more of an LSP requirement than an jsonrpc one. I could theoretically make Eglot tell. Jsonrpc to promote the buffer's visibility, but that seems like overkill right now. João On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 19:28 Stefan Monnier wrote: > Hi João, > > > Disable undo in the process buffers of a JSONRPC connection > > + (buffer-disable-undo) > > (set-marker (process-mark proc) (point-min)) > > (let ((inhibit-read-only t)) (erase-buffer) (read-only-mode t) > proc)) > > + (with-current-buffer stderr > > + (buffer-disable-undo)) > > Assuming those buffers are only used internally and are not intended to > be displayed to the end-user (other than for debugging purposes), then > using buffer names with a leading space should take care of this > (undo is disabled by default in those buffers). > > If you're already using a leading space in those buffers's names, then > I wonder how/why their undo was enabled in the first place. > > > Stefan > >