Hi, On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 11:56 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > (text-property-search-forward 'shr-url "http://fsf.org/" t) > > would place point at the end of that region, and `match-beginning' and > `match-end' would point to the start and end. > Great idea, I've wanted this badly in the past, too. Two cents: 1. What should happen if search starts in the region where the property is already set? 2. Can we generalize this to work for searches for regions where the property is set to some constant value and also for regions where the property is just present. What about "not-present"? Or do you envision this to be handled by the second and third arguments? Perhaps, in addition to the other type of value, both could also be passed a function: the second one a function of one arg, the buffer position, producing a value, and the third one a function of two values returning a boolean (this is vaguely CL's :key and :test, obviously). Bye, João