On Thu, Aug 31, 2023, 06:03 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 00:49:53 +0300 > > Cc: Yuri Khan , Eli Zaretskii , > > emacs-devel , "Philip K." > > From: Dmitry Gutov > > > > > I don't know how VSCode does it, but refactorings -- at least the kind > > > provided by LSP servers -- aren't in general as trivial as simple > > > renamings. They are arbitrary sets of changes to code, like moving > > > whole functions from one file to another, adding new sections or new > > > files, removing sections or whole files, etc, etc. > > > > I previously posted a link to a screenshot from VS Code, here it is > > again: > > > https://bobbyhadz.com/images/blog/rename-variable-vscode/refactor-preview.webp > > Having never used VSCode, I have difficulty understanding what I see > there. Could you (or someone else) please post a detailed description > of what is shown there and what kind of refactoring is going on? TIA. > I had seen this screenshot already. I think it is a very simple rename. If like to see how it handles clangd's move function to out-of-line action, for example. João >