On Sat, Jun 29, 2024, 15:24 Spencer Baugh wrote: > Or, here's an alternative idea, more aggressive: > > What if Eglot just sets project-mode-line=t in eglot-managed buffers, and > removes the project-name from the Eglot entry entirely? > > Then the language identifier would be the major mode, the project > identifier would be project-mode-line, and the eglot status indicator would > just be for the status of the server. > Works for me, it's in line with Eglot's policy of setting other modes when managing buffers. Show a patch. But also, my idea of eglot-mode-line-format should be alsoh considered. AFAICT there no big technical hurdle, it's just relatively boring work and some naming decisions to make. And as I mentioned, it would fix more issues than just the one at hand. João >