On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: João Távora > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 20:15:23 +0100 > > > > > An idle timer set for 600 seconds will run when ten minutes have > > > elapsed since the last user command was finished, even if subprocess > > > output has been accepted thousands of times within those ten minutes, > > > and even if there have been garbage collections and autosaves. > > > > Doesn't this contradict what you told me first? I.e doesn't this > > contradict the fact that this never returns? > > > > (catch 'done > > (run-with-idle-timer 600 nil (lambda () (throw 'done nil))) > > (while t (accept-process-output nil 0.1))) ; 6 thousand times > > > > or should the manual be saying "even if subprocesses output has been > > non-explictly accepted thousands of times"? > > "Subprocess output" in that text doesn't include what > accept-process-output delivers, the text alludes to reading of > subprocess output via filter functions. > Hmm... There certainly seems to be more than a little room for confusion, but I couldn't probably think of a better phrasing. Thanks, and hoping future confused users can find this thread. João