On Fri, Dec 23, 2022, 23:42 Yuan Fu wrote: > Yes, cl-loop is one of the worst offenders in my eyes. If I want to > > use Fortran or C, I will use Fortran or C; I don't want to see Fortran > > for-loops in Emacs Lisp. > > Darn it! I loved cl-loop :-) I’ll curb my use of cl-loop in Emacs codebase. > As a data point, some of us are, like you, highly appreciative of cl-loop, and cannot see anything remotely approaching its versatility in other programming languages. I don't know what its detractors recommend for iterating over a plist, to give just one example. João >