On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 4:04 PM Stefan Kangas wrote: > > João Távora writes: > > > I don't understand what the problem is, because as far as i remember, the > > merged branch contains only commits to two files, lisp/progmodes/eglot.el > > and doc/misc/eglot.texi. > > AFAICT, the first commit on the eglot branch that was merged > (1e5b753bf46a) does not start out from some commit on master, so the > rest of the tree just won't be there. Something to remember in future > merges, I think, but not the end of the world. How would one proceed in future merges of git-versioned packages that started outside the Emacs mainline? Are you suggesting it's possible (in a future merge) to bring that first commit out of some commit on master? If so, how? I think git bisect --first-parent should be behave correctly, but I haven't tested. Maybe there's a way to make that the default for git bisections in the Emacs repo? João PS: This is the thread where the merge technique was discussed and the provisional results presented, if it helps anyone: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-09/msg01583.html