On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 6:28 PM Philip Kaludercic wrote: > > I still don't agree that this is the right interpretation of the issue > or solution, but wouldn't it be better to add this to > `project-kill-buffer-conditions'? > > The solution I would prefer is if project.el would define a sort of > project-kill-hook, that Eglot would modify and make sure that > `eglot-shutdown' is invoked before any buffer is killed. > I believe we have been over this. Eglot's preference eglot-autoshutdown and eglot-autoreconnect already control this behaviour. You should use those: eglot-autoshutdown does _exactly_ what you want: shut the process down (in a controlled fashion) if all manged buffers are killed. You may argue (in a separate issue) that eglot-autoshutdown's default should be t. Just like any other user preference, we can weigh the pros and cons. That buffer is Eglot's property, just like internal symbols or global data structures. Just because it's a buffer, it doesn't mean you may touch it. It is hidden because you may not. What would even be the advantage here? You can of course show a patch, but I doubt it's going to be much simpler than what I have proposed. For starters, your idea increases coupling between two packages, which is generally not good. João